With so much noise on the internet, how can you move the needle with content marketing?
Marcus Sheridan or the “web marketing guru” as the New York Times refers to him, shared his content marketing strategy at Inbound 2018. His book, They Ask, You Answer, was named the #1 marketing book of 2017 by Mashable.
HOW TO: create content that drives traffic, trust, and sales
1. Openly discuss pricing; “How much does a fiberglass pool cost?
This article generated millions in revenue →
2. Share industry/product/service problems; “Problems with marketing agencies.
3. Share your secrets; “Do it yourself SEO.
Create a free online course for prospects →
4. Review your competition and exclude yourself; “The best SEO agencies in Denver?
5. Create “should I” & “for me” content; “Who is the best marketing agency for me?
6. Indirectly show your trustworthiness
- Discuss a recent company mess up
- Create a team video that shows your values without saying it